Title: Content Marketing Coordinator
Employment Type: Full-time
Report to: Content Manager
The Content Marketing Coordinator will report directly to the Content Manager. This individual will create copy that speaks to the Black community. You are an insightful individual who will use your creativity and imagination to develop engaging content that promotes the BPTN brand and offerings.
The Content Marketing Coordinator will support the Content Manager by creating content that is in alignment with BPTN campaigns, and social media and digital engagement strategies. With your support, BPTN will continue to build, help, and connect Black professionals in tech, to accomplish the community’s goals to connect, recruit and excel.
· Manage projects with the ability to multitask
· Write effectively for websites, blogs, social media, online articles, and videos
· Communicate effectively and story tell by using language to educate and entertain.
· Ability to quickly create copy relevant to ongoing marketing initiatives and campaigns.
· Ability to deeply understand the tone and personality of the BPTN brand and ensure consistency across all copy touchpoints with emphasis on BPTN’s stance as an organization that is unapologetically Black.
· Review creative briefs, edit revisions and create final drafts for input and approval
· Write or prepare introductions, marketing and promotional materials
· Read and edit copy to be published or broadcast
· Detect and correct errors in spelling, grammar and syntax
· Shorten or lengthen copy as space or time requires.
· Degree or diploma in advertising, marketing, communications or related discipline
· 2 + years’ experience creating content (written, video, email, etc.)
· 2+ years of blogging experience and digital/social media marketing
· Experience handling short deadlines
· Good communication skills with a strong attention to detail
· Avid reader and a great listener
· Have an excellent feel for words and phrases
· Solid understanding of what types of content engage users across social platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and more.
· Willingness to learn to new forms of instant two-way communication and social platforms
· Experience with social media and email management tools such as Hubspot
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to reprioritize tasks
- Competitive salaries
- Health Benefits
- Lifestyle & Wellness spending account
- 15 days of paid vacation
- Group retirement savings, employer-matched RRSP contributions
- Work from home
- Flexible work hours
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced startup with a dream team. At BPTN, we embrace differences. We believe that getting to the best outcomes requires diverse perspectives and backgrounds. We create a space where all voices can be heard so that we can all do our life's best work. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.